Translation into English
English-language versions of websites, brochures, leaflets, guides, press releases, CVs, covering letters and other documents.
Quality, confidentiality and discretion.
Typical rates for translation:
- £0.04 per word (straightforward text, curriculum vitae if simple, tourist office website, T-shirt catalogue)
- £0.05 per word (blog about health and addictions, insurance policy for prestige buildings and contents, CPD podcasts, client newsletter about data protection, book for younger readers)
- £0.06 per word (literary work, multiple choice questionnaire on robotic surgery)
- £0.07 per word (esoteric book with many obscure references)
If your document contains specialist vocabulary, that is seldom a problem. I can easily find equivalents for business, financial and literary words and phrases, and usually for legal, medical and most scientific and technical English.
If your subject is highly technical and in an unusual area (for exampe, a philosophical essay by Samuel Beckett, or a descriptive catalogue of crane slings and lifting equipment made from wire, chain and textiles), the rate per word will be higher; up to £0.18 per word.
Alternatively, I may recommend that you approach a speciaist translator, for example a lawyer who is qualified in both jurisdictions, France and England.
Get a quote
Proof-reading of documents in English
Checking documents which have already been translated from French to English, and making any necessary corrections.
Typical rates for proof-reading and correction are £0.02 to £0.03 per word.
The price depends on the quality of your document. Please beware of automatic translation software, which is all more or less disappointing, especially the freeware. It is faster - and cheaper - to translate the original French text into English from scratch than it is to correct most machine translations.
I work on all kinds of documents, from catalogues and press releases to technical manuals and articles for professional journals. Articles that I have corrected have appeared in peer-reviewed international scientific journals including:
- Explorations in Economic History (Elsevier)
- Annals of Economics and Statistics (ADRES)
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (Plast. Reconstr. Surg.)
- Annales de Chirurgie Plastique Esthétique (Ann Chir Plast Esthet)
- Health Information Management Journal (HIMJ)
- Revue Neurologique (Société Française de Neurologie)
Is there an original French document? If so, a copy would be helpful.
Get a quote