Translation into English
English-language versions of websites, brochures, leaflets, guides, press releases, CVs, covering letters and other documents.
Quality, confidentiality and discretion.
I charge the best rate for you, whether that's £30 per hour or a price per word, for example:
- £0.04 per word (straightforward text, curriculum vitae if simple, tourist office website, T-shirt catalogue)
- £0.05 per word (blog about health and addictions, prestige buildings and contents policy, CPD podcasts, client newsletter about data protection, book for younger readers)
- £0.06 per word (literary work, multiple choice questionnaire on robotic surgery)
- £0.07 per word (esoteric book with many obscure references)
- exceptionally, £0.18 per word for a highly technical document for which no bilingual glossary exists (e.g. a descriptive catalogue of wire, chain and textile crane slings and lifting accessories)
Expect to pay £37 for a translation of 800 words (one A4 page), depending on the complexity of the original.
However if I complete that translation in thirty minutes, which often happens when the document is a simple one, you pay only £15.
Get a quote
Proof-reading of documents in English
Checking documents which have already been translated from French to English, and making any necessary corrections.
£30 per hour, which usually means a rate of 2 pence to 3 pence per word.
For proof-reading and correction of a typical page of 800 words, expect to pay £7 to £12.
For a complex or technical document, expect to pay 3p per word, which would be £24 for a page of 800 words. Articles that I have corrected have appeared in peer-reviewed scientific journals including:
- Explorations in Economic History (Elsevier)
- Annals of Economics and Statistics (ADRES)
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (Plast. Reconstr. Surg.)
- Annales de Chirurgie Plastique Esthétique (Ann Chir Plast Esthet)
- Health Information Management Journal (HIMJ)
- Revue Neurologique (Société Française de Neurologie)
The price depends on the quality of your document, so beware of automatic translation software. It is easier and quicker to translate the original French text into English from scratch than to correct a machine translation.
Please also send me the original French text, if any.
Get a quote